Field Service Technician (South West Region)
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Field Service Technician (Weighing Equipment) within the UK in the South West Region.
Job Description for Field Service Technician (South West Region)
This is a Field based role (working from home) and will include visiting our customer sites and providing excellent customer service to our many varied clients. Duties will include carrying out preventative maintenance, repairs, installation, calibration/verification of weighing equipment within interesting and varied industries such as aggregates & minerals, agri-bulk, environmental services & food production. The type of equipment can vary from small platform table top scales to large industrial weighbridges.
We offer a competitive basic salary up to £28,000pa (depending on experience) with 39 hour week + weekday and weekend overtime rates + 25 days holiday & bank holidays + company pension (auto enroll) + private healthcare scheme + daily lunch allowance (tax free) + Customer Service incentive scheme. Company vehicle with specialist tools + workwear & P.P.E + personal development & ongoing training opportunities.
- You should be comfortable working within a variety of customer premises, from quarries to factories and plants, docks, recycling plants and transfer stations often outside.
- The role is home based, and as a result of this your location can be flexible – you may be required to work within other designated areas within the UK for short periods (overnight)
- You must support health & safety and engineering processes & practices.
- You should be able to handle any challenging situations with customers in a positive, professional and courteous manner at all times.
- You will have the ability to work independently or in a team (when required).
- Good attention to detail and enjoy problem-solving with positive and optimistic can-do attitude.
- Five years plus field service experience as a technician (preferably within a weighing background) experience in dealing with customers on customer’s sites daily.
- Electrical and mechanical qualification and experience.
- Ability to read electrical drawings
- Experience of calibration by mass/flow meter/force calibration
- Knowledge of serial communication (RS232/RS485)
- Knowledge of client bus interfaces such as Canbus/Profibus/Devicenet/Modbus/Ethernet)
- Experience with I/O configuration/PLC interfacing and analogue outputs (4-20mA) configuration
- Good PC skills (Microsoft Office/Outlook) including the use of a laptop computer for fault diagnosis.
- Good communication skills – oral and written.
- A valid UK driving license.
Desired Skills/Qualifications (would be an advantage.)
- Confined space/ SPA Quarry passport/CCNSG Card.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE